Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on header, exhaust set up

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on header, exhaust set up

I recently put on edelbrock victor series drag headers and y-pipe that got rid of the cats and hooks up with a slp lm cat back, and frankly its ungodly loud which isnt so bad i am used to loud cars (could be a little less of a 'hey cop over here'), and a little raspy (not so great), i was wondering if any of you guys have experienced the same problems, i would like to keep my slp, dont want to waste the money spent on it either, i am leaning towards a resonator but would like what everyone else did with a similar problem. i want the power but dont want to loose too much of the sound i had before the headers and y-pipe... thanks for your help
Old 08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do searches in this forum (external engine) on dynomouth and borlamouth. Your best bet is probably a Borla XR-1 to replace the loudmouth resonator. High flow cats aren't very popular (who needs em!) but they do a great job of killing rasp and cutting volume down.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Do searches in this forum (external engine) on dynomouth and borlamouth. Your best bet is probably a Borla XR-1 to replace the loudmouth resonator. High flow cats aren't very popular (who needs em!) but they do a great job of killing rasp and cutting volume down.
Exactly. Cats are one of the main ways the SLP reduces sound and since you do not have them, the noise can get very loud. Personally, if you wanted an entire new system, the SLP Dual Dual is one of the best and it keeps the noise down while still flowing great. Also the hooker and the magnaflow are good choices, too. I personally like the Borla as well over the dynomax muffler.

www.ls1sounds.com is a great resource.