Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deleting AIR, revisited....

Old 08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Deleting AIR, revisited....

Installing headers soon, will have AIR provisions, but I'm thinking,
(A)
can't I just eliminate all the lines,block off the inlet into the headers,yet keep the pump functional, and not pull any codes?
(B)
I assume the AIR solenoid connections need to be maintained?
Do not have ready access to tuning but really want to get rid of the AIR junk (will have no cats anyway).
Thanks,
Gerald
Old 08-11-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

You want to block the header connections and remove hoses then just leave the pump spewing air into the engine compartment? In theory it may work but it would be annoying hearing that pump going. Or since the check valve is removed it may know something is up and throw a code anyways.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats how I have mine right now, with the block off plates on the headers and everything else intact, so the air just blows in the engine compartment. It still set a code.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gwj
Installing headers soon, will have AIR provisions, but I'm thinking,
(A)
can't I just eliminate all the lines,block off the inlet into the headers,yet keep the pump functional, and not pull any codes?
(B)
I assume the AIR solenoid connections need to be maintained?
Do not have ready access to tuning but really want to get rid of the AIR junk (will have no cats anyway).
Thanks,
Gerald

(A) no because the computer does not just look for the pump to turn on but also looks for a massive change (switch to lean condition) of the O2s.......

(B) yes you would need ALL solenoids connected (or they would also throw codes) but all solenoids connected will not make up for (A)

now sometimes you can remove your entire AIR system and not throw a code.....my computer for instance was stupid......it threw and "AIR system not working" code when the system was connected but once the system was removed, it stopped throwing the code....go figure......

Old 08-11-2005, 06:10 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Thanks, guys. I think I'll hook it all up, initially anyway. Don't want the MIL light to freak my wife out.

Search this Thread