Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tensioners

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tensioners

I checked my oil the other day and was supprised to find my serpintine belt running half off half on. When I replaced it with a new gm belt it stays in the grooves ok but makes alot of racket. I fiqure its the tensioner. Do the stock tensioners give alot of problem? Should I order an aftermarket unit or just order a stock gm replacement.............Im chirped to death...have a lot of you had this problem?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC98Z
I checked my oil the other day and was supprised to find my serpintine belt running half off half on. When I replaced it with a new gm belt it stays in the grooves ok but makes alot of racket. I fiqure its the tensioner. Do the stock tensioners give alot of problem? Should I order an aftermarket unit or just order a stock gm replacement.............Im chirped to death...have a lot of you had this problem?

yes.....a lot of people have had problems with the stocker going out (I have 4 years and 60K miles on my original so go figure)......

you can order another stocker or you can order the Kayteck (sp?) manual one that replaces the entire spring tensioner.......