Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP header install help!!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP header install help!!?

I bought QTP headers and am currently installing them. I got the passenger side in without any problems at all. The driver side is giving me a fit though. Anybody have any ideas or hints to help me out. I saw that many have had to cut a notch in the k member, but not usually with QTPs. Thanks in advance.

Also the car is a 2002 WS6.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure you take the oil filter and drain plug out. that will free up some space believe it or not and give you the angle you need to get it in there. if its not on a lift, make sure you have the car as high as you can get it. DO NOT notch the k member. its not necessary for qtps. just take your time and it will slide right in.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:57 PM
What's a Sticky?

Originally Posted by elite22xl
make sure you take the oil filter and drain plug out. that will free up some space believe it or not and give you the angle you need to get it in there. if its not on a lift, make sure you have the car as high as you can get it. DO NOT notch the k member. its not necessary for qtps. just take your time and it will slide right in.
Why would you need to take out the drain plug?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I helped a buddy and fellow member install QTP's. We had lift access and the same thing occurred, pass side easy driver's side wouldn't go. Took the oil filter off and voila, in they went.

Leave the drain plug alone, you shouldn't lose more than 1/4-1/2 quart of oil, max, from pulling the filter. Probably only about 1/4.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Got it in. Yup, drain plug was a little in the way. We had to rotate the header into the correct position. We just gave a little pressure to get past the drain plug. Thanks for the help guys. I knew that I had to be doing something wrong since nobody else seemed to have any problems with QTPs.