Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice Plug for lid breather hole

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice Plug for lid breather hole

While in the process of removing my AIR from my 01' I was looking for a nice clean way of plugging the breather hole in my SLP lid. Well I found something that not only looks great but seals very well. I removed the breather tube fitting (obviosuly) and the rubber grommet as well. The hole is 1.125" and lid thickness is .120".

http://nick.vettextc.net/AIR%20Removal/Inside001.jpg
As you can see it's barely noticeable from a distance, is almost flush with the lid.Sticks out aprox 3/32 of an inch. It's press-fit and gives a very tight seal, partly due to the material, forming around the contour of the lid's radiused top edge.
Best of all I got it free as a sample from this company:
www.caplugs.com
It's part number BPF-1 1/8-6. I think you can order these online but may have to buy a large quantity. You might be able to request a free sample like I did. The company I work for has bought products from them in the past so I had no problem getting them. If anyone is interested and has a problem ordering let me know and I can help you out.
So any of you guys planning to remove your AIR from your 00-02 car don't waste money buying a new 98-99 lid like I had planned.

anyway just thought I'd share.

Last edited by SLPSS01; 08-18-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info! I love to hear stuff like this.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:06 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Wow! very clean. Nice job
Old 08-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Nice plug...just what I've been looking for! I went and placed an order for samples and got the plug. Thanks for providing the information and pictures to us! One little thing though, the part number is actually BPF-1 1/8-6.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

no problem, thank you I fixed the part number.
I should mention when you go to install the plug don't try just forcing it in. I did this at first and had no luck. I placed the plug near the edge of the workbench center it over the hole then positioned the lid on the edge of the workbench and pressed the lid down onto the plug, went in alot easier that way.

Quick Reply: Nice Plug for lid breather hole