Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harlan 2-step install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harlan 2-step install?

Wasn't sure where to put this, but there's three wires on there, gray, white, and yellow. Which wire is for power, which is for ground, and what the hell is the third wire for? I am going to hook it up so that it always has power, but the ground is going to be controlled by my transbrake button. I already have a relay that when the t-brake button is pressed, it takes the ground away from the nitrous solenoids and will give it to something else, that something else will be the two step, so which wire for power, and which wire for the ground into the relay? Thanks for any help!
Old 08-14-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this should answer some questions
Attached Files
File Type: doc
2step instructions.doc (29.5 KB, 616 views)
Old 08-14-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by y2khawk
this should answer some questions
Thanks Matt, but it actually kind of doesn't, i'm not really good with wiring, unless i'm just not understanding how the 2-step works, going by what is said in there, i'd connect the white wire to my relay so that when I press the t-brake button the ground would go away from my nitrous and go to the two-step, but then it also says to connect the gray wire to a ground, that i'm not understanding! I always thought when you wire up anything, there had to be a ground and a power? Is that not the way your two step wiring works?
Old 08-14-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

power and ground come from the coil pack connectors. The gray and white wire are soley signals for the 2 step to turn on.

Ground the gray wire permanently, and apply ground to the white wire when you want the 2 step active. If your existing relay will do that, you're golden.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by y2khawk
power and ground come from the coil pack connectors. The gray and white wire are soley signals for the 2 step to turn on.

Ground the gray wire permanently, and apply ground to the white wire when you want the 2 step active. If your existing relay will do that, you're golden.
Ok, now I understand, sweet!!! I'm golden, cuz that's exactly how my existing relay is setup to do it, ground away from spray and over to two step when transbrake is hit, when off, ground back to spray and away from two step!!!! Thanks a lot dude!!!!

One other ? though, what would be a good starting point to set it at, like how many rpm before full flash on the t-brake?