Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in sound between Dynomax Bullets and Borla XR-1s.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Difference in sound between Dynomax Bullets and Borla XR-1s.

Ok I have TDs with Dynomax bullets and was getting a little tired of them so I bought some XR-1s that go in this Saturday. I bought them because everyone raves about how good they sound and how much better they are than Dynomaxes. Anyway do they really sound that much better? Or did I just waste $300 for these expensive *** mufflers?
Old 08-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't waste money thats for sure. Expect the same volume at idle (or close to it), but a cleaner more defined sound. Under part throttle the XR1s will be MUCH smoother than the bullets. Under full throttle expect a nice tuned sound that just sounds really good, instead of the untuned chaos that are bullets. XR1s > bullets in every way if you can afford them.

Shoot tim99ws6 a PM, he just made the swap when I sold him a set of XR1s I was going to use to replace my Spiral Flows with. Neither of us could believe the difference. If I ever change mufflers it'll most likely be to XR1s.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have the Borla Pro XS mufflers on my car. They sound amazing, much much cleaner than any bullet/dual set-up I've heard. The price tag for the XR-1's was a little high for my college student budget.

I think I got the Pro XS's for a little over 60 a piece.

Luke
Old 08-16-2005, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Im hoping to get a more tinny sound with the XR-1s. My bullets are kind of deep but it doesnt have that trailered car sound, all the XR-1 cars I have heard do. Here are 2 videos, the first one is my car with bullets and the second one is a car that has XR-1s that Im hoping to get the same sound as.

My car with bullets-------> http://necrocannibal.mine.nu/Patriot...all/Cammin.mpg

Car with XR-1s---------> http://video.ls1tech.com/Player.aspx...18EEEB700A&p=0

Think my car will sound like that??? Thats what Im trying to get.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm actually looking to remove my catted Y and LM and install a set of XR1's right off teh headers and dump them... any ideas as to how that will sound? I'm just hoping that it's not any louder then the catted Y and Lm was... not for my own distaste, but so I don't have cop issues. Never had one with the catted Y and LM, hopefully this will be toned down enough so it will continue to be that way.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Im hoping to get a more tinny sound with the XR-1s. My bullets are kind of deep but it doesnt have that trailered car sound, all the XR-1 cars I have heard do. Here are 2 videos, the first one is my car with bullets and the second one is a car that has XR-1s that Im hoping to get the same sound as.

My car with bullets-------> http://necrocannibal.mine.nu/Patriot...all/Cammin.mpg

Car with XR-1s---------> http://video.ls1tech.com/Player.aspx...18EEEB700A&p=0

Think my car will sound like that??? Thats what Im trying to get.
That is Tim's car I was talking about. His exact words were that the XR1s were more smooth and also more "metallic" sounding that his bullets. The cam's lope is much more defined with the XR1s. I'm still having a tough time dropping almost $300 on getting them on my car when I could spend that money on other things, but they do sound amazing.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by josh99ta
That is Tim's car I was talking about. His exact words were that the XR1s were more smooth and also more "metallic" sounding that his bullets. The cam's lope is much more defined with the XR1s. I'm still having a tough time dropping almost $300 on getting them on my car when I could spend that money on other things, but they do sound amazing.

Well thats good news. You just described exactly what I dont like about the bullets and what I want my exhaust to sound like. Hopefully Ill get the same metallic sound as he did, his car sounds awesome!!