Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new exhaust running rich

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new exhaust running rich

When i installed my L/T's and a true dual system, no cats, took off egr, and air, now i am running really rich. exhaust smells really rich, and i get like 200 miles to a full tank of gas. The car has a bobble if you sit in neutral and rev it up a lil and listen to it, i can definatly feel the power difference from adding the exhaust, but i know it has more in it, car dosent seem to be running right. Is a tune the only way to fix this? its not pulling any codes.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same problems when I installed mine. Part of the gas smell is from running no cats but I'm sure its running rich too. After I got it tuned the gas mileage pretty much doubled and the throttle response is 20x better.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Launching!

you definatly need a tune if you do not have one. Deleting all those things without proper computer adjustments is just asking for trouble imo.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleting cats/air/egr is fine, deleting the codes just turns off the SES light. You said you have no codes, how many miles have you driven since the install and have you done any editing to delete the codes? You are probably running a little rich and with dumped duals you will smell it from time to time.

Are you sure you don't have any exhaust leaks? Do you still have your stock MAF sitting around?

Get it tuned. Some places will give you a discounted retune, say maybe $150, for future mods. (like a cam )