Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magnaflow vs spintech

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default magnaflow vs spintech

Ok I have kooks long tubes and carsound high flow cats welded into the stock catback. I recently put in a magnaflow muffler in place of the stock muffler and I think it sounds ok but I have been reading that a spintech muffler actually outflows the magnaflow. Is this true and if it is could this magnaflow be holding back any potential power (see sig) of my car?
What do the spintechs sound like compared to the magnaflow and would they even make something that I could directly replace the magnaflow with?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Launching!

err... did I post in the wrong forum or has nobody had any experience with spintech?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Launching!

I have TD with Spintech's on my 93 (different motor I know), and EVERYONE always tells me how good it sounds. I have listened to a few sound clips of LS1's with TD Magnaflow and I am going with the Spintech's again when I get my Kooks around X-mas. They do outflow Magnaflows and I think they sound badass! Hope this helps!

Aaron
Old 09-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned

The amount of flow between the two would be minimal and not anything to experience a SOTP gain. The Magnaflow is a straight through design. Why not just install a cutout for when you want maximum power? Nothing outflows a cutout.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have a 3in spintech cat back and everyone loves the sound and says how nasty it is. me personally would go with a spintech i had a pair on a old malibu of mine it that sounded awsome too.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone loves the sound of my Magnaflow as well. Never been sure about Spintechs, taking the exhaust and forcing it to go in tight circles before letting it go out, you might as well use crush bent pipes.

Originally Posted by 954RR
Ok I have kooks long tubes and carsound high flow cats welded into the stock catback. I recently put in a magnaflow muffler in place of the stock muffler and I think it sounds ok but I have been reading that a spintech muffler actually outflows the magnaflow. Is this true and if it is could this magnaflow be holding back any potential power (see sig) of my car?
What do the spintechs sound like compared to the magnaflow and would they even make something that I could directly replace the magnaflow with?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Launching!

so it sounds like this magnaflow is going to be ok
i might go the cutout route from here

thanks guys!

Quick Reply: magnaflow vs spintech