Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car jerks at low RPMs after stat install

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Restricted User

just got off work and i thought i would see if you fixed your problem. sorry to see its still not running right. i still dont think this is drivetrain related. the actions you describe sound like one of my old chevelles when the vacumn advance would come loose from the distributor.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Recently took it in the shop and had them run a scan. The computer pulled something that said it was my O2 sensor on the driver side that was "insufficient" as the PC put it. He said that he thinks my O2 sensor has fried. I got home, put the car on the jack, and checked it out. Turns out the O2 SENSOR is fine. The O2 extension, which runs from the sensor RIGHT along side the headers, had had the protective covering melted off. The wires were exposed but they seem to be just fine from the looks. Could heat interfere with the electrical junk or is it something more serious? All i know is that it isn't a misfire b\c the computer ran a complete scan on the cylinders and didn't pick up squat. The comp. said my O2 sensor was "insufficient". I'll probably have to order another one and try and "put" it somewhere else up under there. Can anyone confirm this theory?

If it IS the O2 sensor/extension that is causing these "hiccups", then can someone please explain to me what exactly is going on with my car when it encounters this problem? Is it the amount of fuel it reads to dump into the cylinders or what? I'm just curious. I want to understand what's happening under there.