Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand or FAST for boost & NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weiand or FAST for boost & NOS?

I'm trying to pick an intake to match up with vortech supercharger and NOS system. The FAST says it is ready the NOS, the Weiand does not....however, I would think the Weiand would be better for supercharger applications. The vortech will be added a while after the intake, but NOS will come first.

What do you guys think...if the FAST will work fine with around 10lbs. boost....that is what I'll go with.....that polished Weiand sure looks good though

Thanks for any advice
Old 10-08-2005, 12:52 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True, it looks good, and yes. The FAST does come ready to fog! Honestly from what i have found, If you get an aluminium intake you can have it ported and machined for nitrous, but it will act like more of a heat sink than an intake. Material is key for repelling heat. And there are plenty of people that run outrageous boost on those intakes...plus 10 isnt that much more than waht you can run on stock.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info......I know 10 isn't a ton....I'm just looking for extra power that is always there....then have the fog if a little extra punch is needed.