Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plug color

Old 10-24-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default spark plug color

I just pulled a few of my plugs, "the easy ones" to see what kind of shape they were in because ive been feeling a very slight miss, and the actual electrode and arc was a tan, whitish color, so that was alright, but the bottom of the plug that sits in the combustion chamber is black, and kind of carbon fouled, the plugs are only like 2k or 3k miles old, is this normal for the bottom to be a little carbon fouled and the electrode to be in good shape??
Old 10-27-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
I just pulled a few of my plugs, "the easy ones" to see what kind of shape they were in because ive been feeling a very slight miss, and the actual electrode and arc was a tan, whitish color, so that was alright, but the bottom of the plug that sits in the combustion chamber is black, and kind of carbon fouled, the plugs are only like 2k or 3k miles old, is this normal for the bottom to be a little carbon fouled and the electrode to be in good shape??

As long as they dont look like these!! dealer say oh yeah 100K on plugs...these had 67K and come to find out dealer was messng with a/f before i bought the car

Old 10-27-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird

Yes, it's normal. Confirm the gaps & put 'em back in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spark plug color