Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit x pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summit x pipes

You guys want to tell me how you are geting it to fit . It does not even come close to lining up with the headers (pacesetters)

Has this been done on a LS1 type motor. Just for the record it is a summit universal 3" x pipe kit.

There is no way to build this system with off the shelf bends .

I may be different due to my Sphon TA Arm .

If some one has any hint please let me know and throw a pic from the motor to the rearend. So i can see the header area .

Thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

The universal kit probably just gets you in the ballpark, if even that close. There'll still be some fab'ing to do to make it fit. I've used just the x-pipe section and had everything else bent at the muffler shop. You'd have to have several bends and cut them to get the right angles and such.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have a body mounted torque arm then you need to go ahead and sell the x pipe kit especially if its a 3"

I have bbuilt systems using that kit. The only other thing you need is 1 U bend. Because the driver header exits at an angle you will need a couple of extra bends. The passenger side is easy. Take one of the legs of the exhaust and put the long end in the x itself and that will put it about inline with the passenger header. Then weld a straight extension piece left over from one of the other legs that will need to be cut off for the rear to take it up to the header.

Its more work than some people think.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Ya i was under there for hours and it in no way no how is going to work that TA it is dam neer impossible to get around i purchased an extra 45, 2 stright pipes and 2 turn downs. i just can not figure out is how to get it to fit in the only space available that is between the center mount and the tail section of the trans the bends would have to be compleatley custom to make it work you would need a mandrel bender to do the job it look like. I also have SLP SUB frame connectors the Diemond style i have no room for anything.

I will have to sell the kit if any one wants it let me know.

I am still open to sugestion it there is any.

it sounded so easy guess a lot of guys are still running around with stock everything.

thanks for the input