Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow OBDII Direct replacement Cats

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Magnaflow OBDII Direct replacement Cats

I've never seen anyone post much about these, so I thought I would. They aren't a worthwhile option for alot of people, so I can see why. Waste of time if you plan on doing LT's, and don't do much for a stock car. In my case I'd done everything but the cats. Check sig for mods. I have a modified SLP y-pipe w/flowmaster merge, shorty headers and magnaflow catback. I realized my stock cats were finally becomming a restriction. I replaced my stockers with a direct fit OBDII magnaflow/carsound cat on the drivers side, and welded a universal OBDII cat in the passengers side. The direct fit passengers side cat is like $300, where you can get a universal one for $55. The drivers side cat includes piping/bolts and just bolts right in. The cats are really nice looking and have OBDII CA/CE # on the bottom. They technically don't have an e.o.# yet for the f-body, but do for many other cars. Muffler shops don't have a problem selling or welding these on however. Kind of a grey area. I called Magnaflow and they said their ceramic honeycomb has 400 holes per square in. vs. over 700 for the stock cats. The piping surrounding the drivers side cat also has a much better pathway for higher flow. With my combination the cats did help. I can say that my butt-o-meter registered a decent gain. I would think with my car 10-15rwhp wouldn't be out of line. Of course I didn't dyno it, nor do I care to. Just thought I'd give a heads up to others who might benefit from them.