Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn EGR code!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn EGR code!!!!

ok well my car is throwing an ses light and its b/c of the EGR, i think its b.c of my cutout. well my car has been idleing funny since this and i am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?? i am gonna be getting rid of the EGR and AIR hopefully this weekend or next when i install my headers, and ive been told its the EGR valve sticking open is this what is happening?? i cant wait to get rid of EGR it is pissing me off with the code ive had it scanned three times and all the same EGR code, it gets scanned then goes away for a week or two then bam back on again.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Banned

i doubt its the cutout unless you got it before your cats its probably the flow masters you got on there haha (JK)
put an ls6 intake and get ride of the egr all together and get the code deleted no biggie
Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

yeah i will get it deleted when i get it tuned after the header install, and also will the EGR cause a rough idle?? but about the LS6 intake i wont be getting that right now but its on the list lol with a million other mods to do lol.