Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting Problem Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Problem Please Help

I have a 98 C5 and I drove it home the other day, parked it in my driveway, and then tried to start it up 10 mins later. The engine tried to turn over and then the lights began to flicker and dim. After a few tires, the lights went out and the car wouldnt turn over. The only thing that worked was the information center, the dash lights, and the headlights. Nothing else. The car would make a soft click when I tried to start it. The battery would not charge when jumped but the battery power on the dash meter read 13v. I dont know whats going on and if anyone has any information, could you please let me know. Thanks

UPDATE: Well I took it up to Murrays and it was a bad battery so I bought a new one....the car started up and then it started to flicker and tick again. I turned it off and now it wont start back up. The engine at least tries to turn over now and the lights are still on. Could this be a fuse problem....? It sounds like the tick is coming from the fuse box.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe an alternator, did they check that as well. check the starter too.