Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408ci not enough air.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 408ci not enough air.

well i have a 408ci with afr's and all the bolts on and its getting tunning done to it. while tuning the tuner told me that the car seems to be only getting like half the air that it should be getting .. i ask why and he said maybe a leak somewhere the intake or welds.. so i remember that the gaskets that i put on the fast intake were used and kinda worn out besides Ive taken the intake of before and it seems like the intake would seal right around some of the ports in the heads( think this because around some ports you cant see where the gaskets are mark like on others). my question is can i seriously be loosing so much air because of these gaskets or what else could it be???
Old 12-05-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tttt....
Old 12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Banned

you would not be losing air with non-sealing intake gaskets... you'd be getting TOO MUCH air. if you had an intake manifold leak the motor would idle really high (like, 2krpm or more).

so if the motor isn't getting enough air then it's not an intake manifold leak. i have no idea what your problem is with the motor, or the tune. sorry i can't be of much help. good luck.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone Please Trying To Finish The Car But I Have To Fix This Problem 1st
Old 12-05-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta be something blocking air getting into the intake manifold, maybe the throttle body isnt opening all the way? Id check that out as it could be a throttle position sensor or the blade on the TB isnt opening.