Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are all headers the same

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default are all headers the same

im looking at getting flow tech headers because they are lower priced compaired to others such as QTP but is one better then the other?....also how are the flowtechs on ground clearence?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

No they are not some are cheaper than others. I got this off the sticky read it it will help you.

Flowtech: When engeneering the Flowtech headers the premise was to build a Hooker set using half the budget; it shows. The welds, and flanges are very thin and the primaries have a dent in them to “clear” the k-member. Even with the “clearance dent” people are still having issues. Because of the low quality TPS has stopped carrying the Flowtech line of LT”s. If you need a budget header look into the new Pacesetter design or spend the dough on hooker/jet hots.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Not all headers are created equal. The material they are made out of its a big difference. Mild steel vs stainless steel. Stainless s the better of the two and wont rust like mild steel. Then there is the construction of the headers. How thick the flanges are, how they seal. Then collector design. Does it come with a velicity spike or not. I have QTP HVMC, its the most expensive of the headers out there but IMO i feel its the best for build quality and power. Its really what you want out of the header.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the absolute BEST budget header out there is Pacesetter.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have pacesetter headers and I haven't had any problems at all yet. No rust or anything. They've been on for a long time now.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

I think depending on where the car is going to be driven will have the most impact on rust and corrosion. If you live where it snows a lot and they salt the roads and what not or live near the coast, then, you could develope more problems than living inland, in the desert, or somewhere where it' s dry. I live in a valley, a little higher than sea level, and never had rust issues with painted headers. Of course I prep' d and painted them myself, but, I never had rust problems.

Stainless is probably the best, this side of coated SS.