Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust help...

Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust help...

Okay, guys I finally put my new exhaust in on my 01 WS6. I got Pace Setter LTs, high-flow cats, 02 extensions and sims for the back, Texas Speed Y-pipe, and Hooker cat-backs. I though everything was fine, but when I drove the car it started missing and sputtering. I replaced the plug wires, but that didn't help. Anyone have any similar experience? What did you do to rectify it? Should I have the car tuned up? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Go over the engine make sure every thing is plugged back in and nothing is loose. Sounds to me like its the spark plugs or the wires - make sure it clicks twice.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably a cracked insulator on one (or more) of the plugs, change em out
With headers it's easy to tell what cyl isn't firing, spray some water (use a plant mister) on the header tube (after the car has warmed up) the one (or more) that the water doesn't evaporate as quickly as the others is the one with the bad plug/wire/coil pack
Old 12-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Tune up it is, then.... I'm gonna let the pros handle this one. I just skinned the **** outta my arms and knuckles over the last day and a half trying to get the blasted system in. Thanks, guys. I don't mean to sound negative, but I'm just a little frustrated right now. I really do appreciate the advice, though.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you have every plug wire securely attached at both ends. Make triply sure. Make especially sure on the coil pack, as it needs to click TWICE. Very common to have misfires due to loose plug wires after a header swap.

That is a great, simple idea with the water. I havn't heard that before.

Search this Thread