Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust changes... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New exhaust changes... HELP!

Well I changed out the Y pipe today becuase the old one was crushed. I had some issues with the fitment but finally got it all bolted up... I had to do some welding to fit it to the cat-back and what not. I unplugged the battery and the computer before I started welding. I went to start the car and it started right up.. I went to mess with the throttle body and pull on it a little and it stuttered.

Now I haven't drove it yet because of the stuttering problem, I know a new Y pipe isn't going to mess up how the car idles or runs. What is going on with my car, it will lag if you try to open it up a little bit and as soon as you close it, it will rev up...? Somone please help me!!!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

heh... there's nothing wrong with your car - after you unplug your battery for a while it needs to re-learn idle and stuff... turn it on and let it warm up and find idle (it'll be low at first) you can play with the throttle lightly but it'll dip down low when you do. Turn it off then back on after a few seconds... do this around 3 times then let it warm up completely and drive it around... give it a couple half throttle runs and a couple full and you're set.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Awesome... I was thinking that it had to re-learn everything but I wasn't completely sure...