Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is the most reliable electric cutout
DMH
18.18%
QTP
60.00%
Streetpro
9.09%
Other (please explain)
12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Best Electric Cutout?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate my mccord, it's constantly broken.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After my QTP experiences for street usage, I've moved away from electronic cutouts, altogether. If you use them for street usage, they're gonna' break after awhile ... no matter what brand you buy. If you buy them to use ONLY for when you go to the dragstrip, well, I think they are worth it for convenience sake, but, a few wingnuts are pretty easy to loose up, as well. Overall, they're a lot of fun on the street, but, a waste of good money after they break ... IMHO.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

... would like to add that QTP's customer support is great if you buy directly from them, so, if I were set on buying a cutout, it would be from QTP.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Don't count on the McCord solving all your problems.

Mine worked for about 8 months before the butterfly plate came off, sent it in for repair. It worked another 4 months (just long enough for the warranty to run out) and then the motor died.

My new exhaust doesn't have a cutout so no need for me to buy a replacement.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 02-13-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Veteran

I like my QTP, just hate the big switch. Now the motor started rattling on it, and it'd driving me nuts.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

anyone know the best place to buy the DMH, cause i ordered one from speed inc last monday and they are still on backorder
Old 02-16-2006, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad30th
Don't count on the McCord solving all your problems.

Mine worked for about 8 months before the butterfly plate came off, sent it in for repair. It worked another 4 months (just long enough for the warranty to run out) and then the motor died.

My new exhaust doesn't have a cutout so no need for me to buy a replacement.

Rob (Bad30th)
I thought it was a bad sign that McCrod has the motor unit for sale on their website. It must go out often.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

DMH, I've only had it on for a few weeks but it works pretty well and has a small switch. It also looks like its pretty good quality.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey jimmyblue could you pm me who you got your cut out from.I'm just tring to weigh my options and see whats out there.

The second cutout I have from one of the vendors has failed like the first.So I just want to go another route.I know people will say to send it back,but I feel that when you pay for a product all I ask is that it performs for more than a few months.Why should I pay to have it fixed when its the second one.I'd rather pay $1000 for one from a different company that might work then pay for another I know will probably fail.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
i only use mccord cutouts and they are great and well priced
Me too.

Dope
Old 03-01-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QTP worked well for me for several years
Old 03-01-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
QTP worked well for me for several years
I wish I could say the same.I see they have great cutomer service,which is a plus.I just dont have the time to send mine back,nor that I should have to pay..Which I've had 2 fail now.The first one within a couple of months,which I tore apart and fixed three times.Since I tore it apart I ate it and bought a new one because of all the good reviews.Well now its about a year and a month old it locks up.The screws on the motor probably came apart like all the others.I only open/close it maybe once a week,if that.I dont drive my car much and its always open.

Its a known problem and their only answer seems to be send it back and we'll charge x amount of $ to fix it.Oh yeh,and you pay shipping as well.So after $300 plus dollars I went with a different cutout,which I cant say on here,but it doesnt begin with a M.I went with what Chris1313 has,to see if it works.Its also a true 3" plus e-cutout.Not a 3" with a 1" hole! I wish they were a sponser,but I cant control that.I hate to buy from non-sponsers,but sometimes you have to go outside the box!

Sorry for the long post,those that know me,know I'm pretty stubborn and bulheaded and I feel I usually give a product a good chance to perform.If it doesnt I throw it away and try another.Never complaining ,just chalking it up as a loss and making sure everyone I know personally knows what problems I had.Which in its self is sorta dumb,but o'well.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
I wish I could say the same.I see they have great cutomer service,which is a plus.I just dont have the time to send mine back,nor that I should have to pay..Which I've had 2 fail now.The first one within a couple of months,which I tore apart and fixed three times.Since I tore it apart I ate it and bought a new one because of all the good reviews.Well now its about a year and a month old it locks up.The screws on the motor probably came apart like all the others.I only open/close it maybe once a week,if that.I dont drive my car much and its always open.

Its a known problem and their only answer seems to be send it back and we'll charge x amount of $ to fix it.Oh yeh,and you pay shipping as well.So after $300 plus dollars I went with a different cutout,which I cant say on here,but it doesnt begin with a M.I went with what Chris1313 has,to see if it works.Its also a true 3" plus e-cutout.Not a 3" with a 1" hole! I wish they were a sponser,but I cant control that.I hate to buy from non-sponsers,but sometimes you have to go outside the box!

Sorry for the long post,those that know me,know I'm pretty stubborn and bulheaded and I feel I usually give a product a good chance to perform.If it doesnt I throw it away and try another.Never complaining ,just chalking it up as a loss and making sure everyone I know personally knows what problems I had.Which in its self is sorta dumb,but o'well.

Well I know who you speak of and honestly after a few weeks of research, emails, and discussion, I will be getting those also. We shall see.......
Old 03-01-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mr2guru
Well I know who you speak of and honestly after a few weeks of research, emails, and discussion, I will be getting those also. We shall see.......
I just sent them an e-mail to see if they'll consider being sponsers on here.At least they can get their name out then.They just need to have good customer service,they already seem to have everything else.

I dont even know how well the cutout is going to work!But like I said I'll give them a chance and hopefully it works out.They do seem like a good cut out.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:20 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stop with the damn gravedigging by voting people! EVERYTIME you vote in a poll, it bumps it. What good is a 4 month old thread going to do with no new information posted in it? Voting and then leaving clogs up the boards with threads we were glad to get rid of and makes less rooms for new threads we need to address!