Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power stick Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power stick Mufflers

Anyone use/heard of these ? I'm sure they exactly like Sweet thunders but I like the 3" flow path that they use unlike the thunders. Anyone ?

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html
Old 02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

I might try one of those in my LM setup. I have a spiral flow in it now, and I lost 6-7 HP and TQ across almost the whole RPM range to my open cutout, my car only makes 330 too.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black_z
I might try one of those in my LM setup. I have a spiral flow in it now, and I lost 6-7 HP and TQ across almost the whole RPM range to my open cutout, my car only makes 330 too.
Yea I love my borlas, but the chambered sound is just NASTY! I just dont wanna lose power with the ST's because of the flow path being choked down to 2 1/4 inch unlike these mufflers with are 3in all the way through. So These mufflers seemed like a great idea ? Just testing the waters to see if anyone is using/has used these.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

looks like it will sound more raspy than sweet thunders.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00slpSS
looks like it will sound more raspy than sweet thunders.
They are the same exact muffler only they have a 3" flowpath(the flow of the muffler itself, more flow) vs sweethunders 2 1/4" flowpath(less flow)
Old 02-03-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

The 3 inch sweet thunder has a 2.5 inch flow path, and I had emailed them in October or so and they said they were consiedering retooling so they could make a 3 inch with a 2.75 ID. But have not heard anything further about this.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Launching!

I'm planning on putting either a Powerstick or Stainless Works chambered muffler in the I pipe section of a TSP Rumbler Catback. Then I'll run a Cutout with it as well.....but I cant decide, I may just do a Cutout by itself to save me some money.
It is a great idea though, I was going to run the ST, but chose not to because of the restrictive 2.5" core. It also produces a "swooshing" sound in the I pipes apparently, do to that core.
I read a thread somewhere on a forum, did an online search. A guy claimed he placed a Powerstick in place of the Resonator in the I pipe section of an LM. He said it sounded great, just as loud at WOT and high RPM's. But, a lot more mellow when laying off the gas, no rasp and popping.
So in my opinion, roll with it! Get the Powerstick or Stainless Works, then get us all some clips! haha....hope that helps to give you some sort of an idea/opinion. Good luck!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:37 AM
Teching In

I have one installed in my I-pipe and like the sound. Just had a cutout after the rear axle previously and finally got tired of the harsh sound and the drone when cruising. I'm happy to say the Powerstick cleaned up the sound big time. There is still a little rasp around 2000 RPM, but it's not bad at all compared to the cutout by itself. Volume-wise it's probably not much quieter than just the cutout, but the sound is definitely deeper and "cleaner" now. I would recommend them...
Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JBrd400
I have one installed in my I-pipe and like the sound. Just had a cutout after the rear axle previously and finally got tired of the harsh sound and the drone when cruising. I'm happy to say the Powerstick cleaned up the sound big time. There is still a little rasp around 2000 RPM, but it's not bad at all compared to the cutout by itself. Volume-wise it's probably not much quieter than just the cutout, but the sound is definitely deeper and "cleaner" now. I would recommend them...
How much was it? I didnt see a price anywhere?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Teching In

I think they were about $70. I actually bought mine from Torque Tech, who is a reseller for Classic Chambered. Just google "Torque Tech" and you'll find their site. There are prices listed there.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Hey guys, sounds pretty positive - thanks. Don't confuse mine with Sweet Thunders, the Powerstick is quite different. Not nearly as raspy (the ST's have HUGE louvers that really bite into the flowpath) but very deep tone. The longer the chambered section you use, the better they sound (more tuning & more body crimps). We sell these direct, as well as through Torque Tech.

These are sounding good on everything from Vipers to...........well, anything with a V-8.

To learn more about them: www.classicchambered.com. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

So if you want deeper go ST and if you want less rasp go with Powerstick? Man I want deep but no rasp How would it sound with a single 3.5 non catted long tube exhaust?

Originally Posted by Powerstick
Hey guys, sounds pretty positive - thanks. Don't confuse mine with Sweet Thunders, the Powerstick is quite different. Not nearly as raspy (the ST's have HUGE louvers that really bite into the flowpath) but very deep tone. The longer the chambered section you use, the better they sound (more tuning & more body crimps). We sell these direct, as well as through Torque Tech.

These are sounding good on everything from Vipers to...........well, anything with a V-8.

To learn more about them: www.classicchambered.com. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Power stick Mufflers