Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catted Y-pipe for QTP & Pacesetter

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Catted Y-pipe for QTP & Pacesetter

I want to install headers in my signature car. I have narrowed my search to QTP 1 ¾” and Pacesetters (LT, Armor*coat). My research indicates that QTP’s flow better and will look nice longer, but that the Pacesetters are a better value. I am keeping EGR, AIR, front 02 sensors, and my stock cat-back. My research indicates that the stock cat-back actually flows quite well. It just looks a little odd since it is single exhaust. There are no plans for additional modifications, except for sub-frame connectors. My Y will be catted. In the end, choice of header will depend on cost/performance trade-off and Y considerations. Frankly, poor ground clearance scares me.

So here are my questions.

1. I am assuming my stock Y will not work with either of these headers. I have not seen a single thread that indicates otherwise. Is this assumption correct?
2. A common complaint of the QTP catted Y is ground clearance. What other commercial catted Y would work better?
3. I do not think Pacesetter makes a catted Y. What do you think of the Texas Speed catted Y for Pacesetters?
4. What other catted Y’s with good ground clearance would you suggest for the Pacesetters?
5. Regardless of header choice, should I just get a custom Y?

This community has been an amazing resource for me. I thank everyone in advance for your help.

Last edited by bsf; 02-04-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You have the option of a custom built Y-pipe. Now you can have exactly what you want.