Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAC headers w/ cats... y/n??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC headers w/ cats... y/n??

i know i know mid lengths aren't as good long tubes.... cats hold power back especially the mac cats..... i'm passed all that i had a 98 z28 w/ heads, cam, FLP headers all that good stuff but it became unreliable

i want a simple set up this time around.... no long tubes.. no hollowed cats.. a simple nice sounding car thats somewhat fast

are the mac headers w/ cats worth it for what i want to do or no???
Old 02-10-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Mac mids are pretty damn close to LTs.

With cats I dynoed pretty good too. If you are gonna use CATs I would get a better flowing set then Mac. But the MAC CATs are not bad either. I used Thunderbolt Cats and they flow better and look great and are smaller for more clearance.

But, I went with ORY shortly after (still need to update my sig. "doh!").
Old 02-11-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yo bro check my sig. We are in the same boat. I fuggin mooded my Hawk till I hated it. Now I have a WS6 and I am K.I.S.S. Some bolt ons suspension chrome rims and stereo. My new exhaust setup that is going on next week or so is Coated Macs, ORY, Magnaflow. I highly recomend the Macs. I had them as 1 of 3 different headsers on my Hawk. Peace and good luck. Bear
Old 02-12-2006, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

I love the mac headers but their cats suck. I'd opt for the ory and add high flow cats if you need them.