Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster for the C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flowmaster for the C6

I was wondering if anyone knows anyone that has used this exhaust yet.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=4050

My Dad was wanting to get an exhaust catback for his C6 and I was wondering if anyone knows how this setup sounds.He wants his louder but not obnoxious.I know Flomasters have always sounded good.I just dont know about this one or how it flows.

I tried to get him to add a couple of cutouts,but he isnt having that.He doesn't want to cut up his stock exhaust.He was looking at the Borla,but I just came across the Flowmaster,so any feedback would be helpful.Its like $350 from one vendor and $415 from another.I'm going to check and see what some sponsers can get it for.

I put this in the Vette section as well.I just dont know if anyone knows about this setup!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

flowmaster sounds like *** on the C6, my dad went with magnaflow
Old 03-05-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TUFAS4U
flowmaster sounds like *** on the C6, my dad went with magnaflow
Was this on a totally stock setup or with headers/no cats.Sounds like *** just doesnt really help.Like they say,one mans junk is another mans goldmine.I'm just trying to imagine how *** sounds.All *** doesnt sound the same. On F-bodies the Flowmaster sounds good.There's just is no power to be found on the F-bodies.So to be honest I cant see the Flowmaster sounding to much like ***.My Pops doesn't care about the power,as long as he's not losing it.He just wants more of a rumble but not too loud.

The price really isnt an issue.Why pay more though if they are sorta close.Look at the Hooker for F-bodies.Its one of the highest flowing cat-backs you can get.For almost half the price of most of its competition.Like he said he is hooked on the Borla.I'm just not a big fan of Borla.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Go with magnaflow
Old 03-05-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

OK,

FLOWMASTER C6 = THE SOUND OF A PISSED OFF TOYOTA MR2 ON ROIDS

MAGNAFLOW C6 = REFINED RUMBLE, ORGANIZED CHAOS AT WOT :p
Old 03-05-2006, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

what is there to hate about the borla? it sounds amazing and is a good quality exhuast system. but my favorite exhuast on the vette is the corsa. its a top quality exhuast w/ great flow and it sounds awsome! there is nothing wrong with magnaflow either. buy and exhuast for the sound, not the 5 hp gain over the other......
Old 03-05-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

corsa = amazing
flowmaster = blowmaster
Old 03-05-2006, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
corsa = amazing
flowmaster = blowmaster
agreed, corvettes and corsa were meant for eachother.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
what is there to hate about the borla? it sounds amazing and is a good quality exhuast system. but my favorite exhuast on the vette is the corsa. its a top quality exhuast w/ great flow and it sounds awsome! there is nothing wrong with magnaflow either. buy and exhuast for the sound, not the 5 hp gain over the other......
Its not that I hate Borla.I was thinking more of the F-body style,where its a almost $1000 cutout and no one ever caps it up.

I know pretty much what all the systems sound like.I was just wanting to know if anyone has heard the Flowmaster yet.My Dad really doesnt care about if it adds power.Certainly doesnt want to lose it though.He just wants a more throatier sound.If the Flowmaster sounds good and doesnt loose power over stock then why pay double.Pennies make dollars,even though cost really isnt even an issue.

Apparently alot of people are just saying Flowmaster sucks and probably never even heard it on a C6,except for a couple.They sound great on almost everything they're put on.Only thing proven is they dont add much power over stock,if any on an F-body,but it still sounds good.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Everybody always has something negitive to say about flowmaster, how it dosent gain any power, and sounds like crap, IMO i think it sounds good, (never heard it on C6 though) but really for the cost it is good exhaust and definately better than stock. If people are going to say that flowmaster gives loss of power than please show the dyno graph to prove it.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

flwomaster on any LSx car blows
Old 03-06-2006, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
flwomaster on any LSx car blows
Kind of a generalized statement there, as is most of the flowmaster bashing. It's the 80 series crossflow muffler that has to be mounted transversly at the rear of the car (like in f-bodies) that doesn't gain much performance. I have flowmaster 1 chamber race mufflers on my dual setup in an LSx car......and blow it does not.

I just crack up at people that say a flowmaster catback on any car (fbody, c6, whatever) will lose power over stock.....it's just total BS. Just the increase in tubing diameter alone will increase flow over stock. Granted, other aftermarket catbacks will outperform a flowmaster catback hands down, but the stock exhaust will not. Somebody show me a dyno sheet with a flowmaster catback on ANY car, and then show me the dyno sheet after swapping back to the stock exhaust and miraculously gaining horsepower......otherwise all this blowmaster bashing is pure crap.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Kind of a generalized statement there, as is most of the flowmaster bashing. It's the 80 series crossflow muffler that has to be mounted transversly at the rear of the car (like in f-bodies) that doesn't gain much performance. I have flowmaster 1 chamber race mufflers on my dual setup in an LSx car......and blow it does not.

I just crack up at people that say a flowmaster catback on any car (fbody, c6, whatever) will lose power over stock.....it's just total BS. Just the increase in tubing diameter alone will increase flow over stock. Granted, other aftermarket catbacks will outperform a flowmaster catback hands down, but the stock exhaust will not. Somebody show me a dyno sheet with a flowmaster catback on ANY car, and then show me the dyno sheet after swapping back to the stock exhaust and miraculously gaining horsepower......otherwise all this blowmaster bashing is pure crap.

i would put money that the 3 inch slp dual dual that came on the hawks and ss's from the factory flow better than flowmaster. i really like the sound of flowmaster, but it is def the worst flowing muffler there is. if your going for all out power, and it sounds like you are, then id ditch the flows. my friend has a 56 chevy 210 with a 364 cubic inch motor a roots blower and a 200 shot and had single chamber flomaster and ditched them for dynomax mufflers (not bullets) and noticed a huge difference in power and throttle responce. but like i tell everyone, dont get an exhuast for its power, get it for its sound.....
Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would put money that the 3 inch slp dual dual that came on the hawks and ss's from the factory flow better than flowmaster.
You're right, the dual dual probably does flow better.......but it's not a stock exhaust system either, it's an SLP aftermarket catback that was installed at the factory.

but like i tell everyone, dont get an exhuast for its power, get it for its sound.....
Exactly.....I could probably gain a 6-7 hp buy switching to a bullet or straight through muffler, but it wouldn't sound near as good. I'm still making more power with my lt's/duals/1 chambers than I was with macs/y-pipe/cutout though....and if I think I need to pick up 6-7 hp someday, that's what cutouts are for.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Buy a MagnaFlow good price and complete stainless steel FlowMaster will rot off the car in 6 months. Let me know I will get you the best price on the MagnaFlow system.

Nate
Old 03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

The problem is that the Flowmaster isn't stainless and just doesn't perform as well as most catbacks out there. If you're goin to do something to your car, do it right the first time and spend a little extra to get what you really want. Also, Flowmaster and Corvette don't mix.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster for the C6