Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the MSD 6LS ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone using the MSD 6LS ignition?

I have not heard much feedback on their new ignition systems for LSx engines. supposidly their coil packs perform a multi spark function and the box has among other things a 2-step function (which is what I'm in need of) Any one trying this set-up on a HIGHLY modified LSx EFI motor? I specify EFI as that particular box was supposidly designed for guys using the carb manifolds on LS motors.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

I haven't heard any feedback on this particular MSD product, but I know a lot of the high end engine builders refer to MSD as "My Spark Dissapeared" and use ignition systems from Motec et al.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:37 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, the only cool thing that made me check it out further was the timing curves. You can plug into it and change them up. Good concept. We will see though.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going with this just to see how it works...The only thing is that the harness hasn't arrived yet...Damn it!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

I am now using the 6LS I will be testing it at the track this comming wednesday and will let you know how it goes. The hardest part about installing the thing was the damn cam sensor pick up and deciding where to mount the box.
LOL
Old 06-26-2009, 08:11 PM

We have them on 2 cars that we built. A 68 camaro with an LS1 and a Jeep with an LS1. So far my impression is that they work very good. Both are carbed. A lot better than putting a dizzy in. Very easy. And as Phoenix said, the hardest part is the cam sensor, and where to mount the darn box. Otherwise, its pretty easy. I am currently modding a Rover V8 engine built up and joined this message board in hopes of finding more info on the MSD 6LS to mod to this engine. This engine has a standalone fuel injection and a dizzy. I want to get rid of the dizzy. Apparently its not a hot topic yet. I just need to know the cam sensor output. I know the crank is a 58 tooth crank, and that part is easy. Put the cam sensor output seems to be a ghost. The stock Rover is a 720 degree cam position pickup, anyone know what the LS1 is?

If you have any LS1 questions feel free to ask.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the MSD 6LS ignition?