Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 install

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls6 install

ok i bought a ls6 intake today just the manifold, what all other parts do i need can i order the texas-speed.. Coolant Pipes & Plugs For LS6/LSX Intake Coolant Pipes & Plugs For LS6/LSX Intake....i copied and pasted that from there site will that be everything i need for the install or is there more that i need, and if so can you shoot me in the right direction to get the parts...thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

1 more thing it says each...do i need more than 1????
Old 03-25-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

the coolant pipe and the 2 rear block offs should be it. suggestion, take the vac line off of the brake booster, and follow it to the back of the manifold, there is your oil pressure sender, dont break it, you have to lift the hose up over it. also get four pieces of fuel line, and cut them in one inch sections, then cut them open so when you lossen the 4 rear most bolts, slide the fuel line pieces over the bolts to hold them up, as they can not be fully removed due to the cowl, less fumbleing. good luck.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
the coolant pipe and the 2 rear block offs should be it. suggestion, take the vac line off of the brake booster, and follow it to the back of the manifold, there is your oil pressure sender, dont break it, you have to lift the hose up over it. also get four pieces of fuel line, and cut them in one inch sections, then cut them open so when you lossen the 4 rear most bolts, slide the fuel line pieces over the bolts to hold them up, as they can not be fully removed due to the cowl, less fumbleing. good luck.
I like the fuel line trick. I used a bit of tape and just took it off, then the bolts fall. Next time its fuel line for me....