Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ory And Ses !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 04:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ory And Ses !!!

I am just curious, I am plannin on ordering the pacesetter lt's and TSP ORY but what is necessary to get rid of the ses light? I won't be getting a tune untill the cam comes.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O2 simms from Casper Electronics
Old 03-26-2006, 04:51 AM
Launching!

is that it? Can I have whoever is puttin in my Y pipe and headers do that? What do the O2 extensions do?
Old 03-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

He said O2 simulators, not extensions. You'll need O2 extensions or bosch 13111 o2 sensors so that you have long enough wire to insert your front O2's into the collector at the end of the header.

O2 simulators will prevent any check engine lights associated with not having your REAR o2 sensors plugged in or no longer having catalytic converters.

However, you'll get probably get check engine lights if any of the following are true:

1. You removed your EGR system
2. You removed your AIR system
3. Your front O2's overheat trying to get up to temperature due to being relocated further away from the engine.
4. You do not use O2 simulators for your rear O2's, so your engine will think something is either wrong with the rear O2's, or that you've got bad catalytic converters.

A tune will fix any and all of those.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

If I were you ill get a tune it helps a lot trust me I just got my car out the shop yesterday from a header..tune..install and I feel a big *** difference
Old 03-26-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you get the race style headers you will need to remove codes for air and egr as well. Also sometimes your front O2s will throw codes as well. You are best off talking to some local speed shops about what it would cost to just have that stuff removed (air, egr, rear and front o2 trouble codes) because that is your best bet. Even with Rear O2 sims you can still throw a code for the fronts or air / egr if you are removing them
Old 03-26-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

02 Sims Worked For Me
Old 03-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Launching!

thanks, WOW! I had no idea what all entail in just putting in headers and Y!
Old 03-26-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Vinci handheld tuner. No check engine lights + you can tune for a cam.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

forget the stims, dump the 80 bucks into a tune
Old 03-26-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

no sims here, my o2s are sniffin air!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by X-JeSSter
He said O2 simulators, not extensions. You'll need O2 extensions or bosch 13111 o2 sensors so that you have long enough wire to insert your front O2's into the collector at the end of the header.

O2 simulators will prevent any check engine lights associated with not having your REAR o2 sensors plugged in or no longer having catalytic converters.

However, you'll get probably get check engine lights if any of the following are true:

1. You removed your EGR system
2. You removed your AIR system
3. Your front O2's overheat trying to get up to temperature due to being relocated further away from the engine.
4. You do not use O2 simulators for your rear O2's, so your engine will think something is either wrong with the rear O2's, or that you've got bad catalytic converters.

A tune will fix any and all of those.

Excellent explanation!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Vinci handheld tuner. No check engine lights + you can tune for a cam.
how much is the vinci and where can I find it?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

The Vinci tuner is pretty much the Crane Cams tuner, only you get the awesome tech support at Vinci Hi-perormance. Check over to the right, they're a sponsor http://www.vincihighperformance.com/index2.htm I paid about $425 for mine. Its been the best investment so far. You can adjust fuel, timing, and a lot of other things. They give you a little sheet that has what cam profile to select in the tuner according to what size cam you put in the car. That gets you close, then when you're at the dyno you can fine tune it in 10% incriments until its right. It gets rid of skipshift, or deals with torque management and shift firmness for autos, tire sizes, gear ratios, cooling fans, speed govs, fuel injector sizes, fuel, spark, cam profiles.

As far as the rear o2s, they worked with the sensor tables so they wouldnt throw a code if they smelled fresh air, and it worked. I havent tried it, but i bet you could also remove the AIR and EGR too. If you have any questions PM me, or call them. They're extremely nice to deal with and will bend over backwards to help you. Since mine is a 98 i have the 98 computer curse, and they sent me 3 units until they could get my system to accept it. You only have to worry about that in a 97 or 98, since the opperating system is different in newer cars. But none the less they worked with me until it was right and i was satisfied.