Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catalytic converter question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catalytic converter question

I'm getting ready for a Pacesetter header + true duals install (thanks Byunspeed for the headers!), and had a question about converters.

now, don't rake me over the coals for this, but I remember back when I was around the V6 boards a lot more, that guys were running cats (maybe catco?) that were only like 30-40 bucks a piece shipped, 3" in 3" out.

Aside from not having an AIR tube, what else would make a converter application specific? Would one of those cats have more/less catalyzing than an LS1 aftermarket cat? i'd just like some clarity
Old 03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search Ebay for magnaflow cats. Mine are 3" in/out and were like $55 each.

If you're having LT's installed, you can forget about application specific. You simply need some 3" in/out cats ( or 2.5" depending on your system) and have them welded in.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: king of prussia, pa (home) and williamsport, pa (school)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt want to go cheap when it comes to good cats. if money isnt an issue, go with random tech. but as said before, magnaflow is also perfect. im gonna have the same thing done, 3'' cat clamped in.

im gonna go with random tech though, becasue when it comes to emissions and whatnot, i wanna be SURE to pass. sometimes i just wish my car were 93-94 then they just do a visual
Old 03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emerica4601
My life consists of college, my girlfriend, and most importantly ... ls1tech.com
w3rd to that!