Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking to quiet down the exhaust..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking to quiet down the exhaust..

right now i have a LT/ORY/GMMG setup, and im getting tired of the rasp. i know i can throw some cats on and quiet it up some but im just looking a different route. i've looked into the TSP TD's with Sweet Thunders and this seems like a good setup for me, but i plan on lowering the car soon, and dont want clearence issues. i've also started looking into the hooker catback. i'd like to hear these two exhausts with a decent sized cam, so if you have either setup and you have a clip of it, plz post it. i've looked on LS1sounds already but there wasnt anything i was really looking for there, clip wise. i know some of you guys have some clips of your setup's so plz post up, id like to hear them. im open minded to some other setup's but the reason's im looking into these two the most is b/c i can sell mine right now and have enough money for either one, and i like the sounds of each. alright well thanks, and im open to opinions, im sure someone has a idea i might not have thought of yet, so comments and suggestions are welcome. thanks

Jon
Old 03-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

I have heard both of those before and um you would be wise to go with either one. I myself however went with ls1sounds because I think they have an appropriate diverse sound to them that I can't really decide myself um nor should I .
Old 04-01-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the sound of GMMG, and it is really loud. But I don't think that the little rasp I hear for maybe 300rpm band is worth changing it out. (Especially since you have already spent money on the most expensive cat bacK).

I just love knowing that when I get on the loud pedal, its going to wake the neighborhood up and make them think the world is coming to an end.

Why do you hesitate to get some high flow cats?
Old 04-02-2006, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

I remember seeing a video clip on this site of a Z28 with all the bolt-ons with a sweetthunder dual exhaust set-up and I could swear he was lowered! I really feel like you will regret changing your current exhaust for a HOOKER set-up. You will be going from badass sounding exhaust to just a good sounding exhaust. I say go for the sweetthunder set-up! Good luck on whatever you decide!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If rasp is all you want to do away with, then Sweet Thunders are a great option. But if you want to quiet the car down, go with Hooker. Sweet Thunders are LOUD! I ran dumped first, but had to run out the back after a while. It was way too loud. Now it is still LOUD, but not near as loud inside the car. Great sounding exhaust, just be warned that it definitely on the loud side. I do however love it.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

well after thinking about it more i guess ill just run some cats. i mean i like my setup right now and its clearence will be decent when lowered. i used to have some dual on my car with bullets, and took it off b/c of it being loud, but i figured if i got them with sweet thunders then i would run the duals out the back and not have dumps and not be so bad. hell maybe im just bored b/c i havent been able to mod my car for afew months and i just want to do something to it. ill check into some cats and go that route most likely. you guys think ill have some issues with melting the cats if i spray my car? that is another reason i was avoiding cats. but if i can tune the car so it wouldnt melt them, then ill get some...thanks

Jon