Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers, period.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers, period.

This subject has brought ALOT of attention to this neck of the woods. The thing is all the info is scattered all over the place to search and hunt for. Even in the write ups there arent really any clearing things up. Not saying they don't help but they don't offer the little information like, o2 sims, o2 extensions,SES light(why it would stay on), and corvette o2's. The Kind of problems facing those things and lot's of other little questions that make the big difference.

Like me I am Getting Pacesetters with a TSP catted Y-pipe on a LM catback. I didn't know the deal on all of the o2 sims, and extensions without alot of research. Not knowing squat about it all doesnt help but tiny bit's of sometimes vague information is enough to get me highly confused and come running for help.

What i'm asking is maybe someone might be able to make a write-up of all those little things that are not well known. You don't have to make a whole new sticky. Even get the original writers of the other write-up's to include that information. It would help out alot I beleive. If you don't beleive so, tell us why.
Thanks for your time.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Good call. I for one would like to know what it is that makes most cars run rich after LTs
Old 04-04-2006, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ric
Good call. I for one would like to know what it is that makes most cars run rich after LTs
Not sure, I did LT's the other day and we scanned mine before and after and it doesn't seem to be any more rich after the install. Just louder!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well from what ive seen from headers. IT seems some cars love them, run great, better gas mileage, throw no codes, etc. Then other cars seem to hate them, running rich, have to get a tune, the SES for o2s keep getting thrown(fronts) and they become a pain in the ***. I hope my car is in the first group when i do headers, but knowing my luck and my car. Im sure ill be bitching! haha
Old 04-04-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ric
Probably because the 02 sensors are located more downstream and are cooler which maked them do their switching much slower, which in turn makes them more inaccurate. Some people say its because there is more air flowing through the engine so it needs more fuel, but if it did go rich the 02 sensors should sense the richness and tell the PCM to cut back fuel which would get you back to about 14.7:1.