Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default bad parts?

I ordered some parts including a cam package and a LS6 intake....the LS1 how to site shows the bottom of the LS1 intake and LS6 intake and there are 2 foam pads shown on both, i took mine off and they are there....but no pads on the new one...do i need to call the vendor i bought it from or is it ok to install w/out these pads? Other than that, is it normal to get push rods, springs and retainers in zip lock zipper bags when ordering new? Finally, what is different about the ls6 intake that gets you more power? Thanks
Old 04-04-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Th Pads are there mostly for noise and moisture I believe. Noise for sure, moisture unsure about. You dont need them and some intakes dont have them. Its not going to hurt if you dont have them. You can get them from your local dealer.

In my opinion its not normal to get parts in zip lock bags. If there suppose to be new, I'd see no reason for it. I'd be concerned a little if they were new as well. I've never ever recieved any parts in ziplock bags.

The LS6 has longer runners and flows better. It is a great upgrade, even if all else is stock.