Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with a fuel system i want to use.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with a fuel system i want to use.....

Ok, i REALLY would like to use a dual intank pump system but i just dont want to spend the $500 on the system and i've tried to fabricate it myself but with my hanger assembly there is quite a bit of fabrication and i'm not comfortable with what i would have to do.
So i have come up with a different idea but am un-sure if it will work or not, i mean it *should* work but i'm uncertain about one point that maybe some of you could help me with.

---My plan now is to use a single walbro 340m 255 pump in the tank to take up most of the duties that i will need. Now, the way i wanted to run the second pump was with its own separate feed line to the fuel rail.

I planned to install a bulkhead somewhere in the tank, preferably near the bottom...and run some 1/2" fuel line to a earls -8 pre filter and then to the Walbro 392 external 255 pump. Then to a proper after filter like the popular aeromotive/paxton and then run the rest of the line to the fuel rail.

This second pump, the external, will be a staged pump and only used when necessary via a hobbs switch.

Now this all seems like it should work well but what my thinking is will there be some kind of problem with pressure build up in the line before the pump is turned on?

Or even possibly when it IS turned on?

i've leaning towards no because what i've proposing was very commonplace with the older bosch 286 pumps and seemed to work very well.

Any comments, thoughts, forseable problems i might have?

thanks
Old 08-25-2002, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Need some help with a fuel system i want to use.....

ttt
Old 08-25-2002, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some help with a fuel system i want to use.....

Thanks for the "ttt"

but i've decided against this and have just upgraded fuel lines

i'm using twin external pumps with a 1/2" feed and using the stock feed as the return (3/8")

i found out how to make what i was talking about work if you are interested