Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler only losses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler only losses?

I have right now just a Flowmaster muffler *I got it for free*

I've been planning on doing the ls6 manifold and ported TB next power wise.

My exhaust isn't that bad sounding but sure isn't what I want soundwise. Right now this is my daily driver and i've been debating what to do exhaust wise and it seems every 15 mins my mind changes.

My question is, how bad will having just a muffler hold me back I'm told the Fbody muffler alone is pretty bad and my "upgrade" is going to do alot of the gains for a other wise stock powerwise car *save a MTI clear lid* would see.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

i have a flowcrapper muffler now and it sounds ok as just a muffler but with lt's and a ory its shitty sounding and loud as ****. i have a feeling its holding me back quite a bit sense i felt not a large improvment with my lt's. im goin to hooker i dont know if that help your question is sorta unclear
Old 04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rgaynor85
i have a flowcrapper muffler now and it sounds ok as just a muffler but with lt's and a ory its shitty sounding and loud as ****. i have a feeling its holding me back quite a bit sense i felt not a large improvment with my lt's. im goin to hooker i dont know if that help your question is sorta unclear
Sorry about that. I was just inquiring into the gains /losses from a muffler only setup and if I should bite the bullet on picking a full exhaust be it true duals Hooker or GMMG.

Also just what you posted that you felt LTs before catback was a worthwhile move, is just what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help though.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

well yeah i supose it is then u have a base for you exhaust system haveing the lt's, but i kinda ran into mine cheap so i splurged, i probably would have bought a new catback first tho if i didnt just run into my LT's but go for it ge the lt's i sujestpacesetter if your tryin to save money they fit great in my car, just dont buy the pacesetter ORY there merge is horrible im goin tsp catted most likely