Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Broke Manifold Flange Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help Broke Manifold Flange Bolt

Has anyone ever replaced the studs on the stock '01 exhaust manifold flanges? We broke one in the process of removing the cats, and were wondering if the studs on the manifold could be replaced? need those studs to put on some cat bypass pipes.

Anyone run into this?

headers are not an option.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2006, 01:18 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you can unscrew the studs from the manifold. I remember doing mine, some of the nuts came off, some of the studs broke off, and some of the studs unscrewed. I'm pretty sure they can be replaced.

You sure you can't scrape together $375? I hear kidney's are pulling in all kinda scrilla on the black market.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:25 AM
12 Second Club

Default lol

lol

well it was hard to see if the studs were pressed in or screw in.

Also this happened while working on a friends car, so im tryin to help out and get some info. Also there are still 4 other suds that were yet to be broken loose when this crap happened, so we left the one broken and reassembled the few bolts we had off.

If we were to replace the stud, that would require 6 more bolts to be taken out of the head that hold the manifold. I dont wanna be the one turning the wrench when those bolts feel they have done their share of work. lol
Old 08-05-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

need to replace a bolt/stud on my driver side flange, rusted real bad, surprised i only broke one lol, but no idea how im gonna get that stud out, am i best off just drilling through the old one? dont think i could even get a drill up their though...and ideas?