Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does a ported TB make the car run richer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a ported TB make the car run richer?

I would think it would make the car run leaner. But I used to average around -3 to -5 in the LTFT. After I ported my TB, I averaged a -9 in the LTFT. Anyone have any ideas why? Or has anyone had the car run leaner as read by the LTFT? Thanks!

<small>[ August 29, 2002, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: akw408 ]</small>
Old 08-30-2002, 03:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Does a ported TB make the car run richer?

Before my headers and with ported tb,b1 cam,lid and gms maf I had best results at zero base and zero wot..I don't think ported tb did much and even that much -ltrims is not going to do much really.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MY99TAWS6:
<strong>Before my headers and with ported tb,b1 cam,lid and gms maf I had best results at zero base and zero wot..I don't think ported tb did much and even that much -ltrims is not going to do much really.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I don't think it's going to do much, but just curious why it went richer instead of leaner on my car.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:56 PM
Banned

ACtually it will lean the car out on top end.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:35 AM
10 Second Club

Mine went richer also this week. Before the ported TB i was pulling o2 readings in the 890 range. After last night at the track,with the ported TB testing it out,i noticed my ET and MPH were slower than the last time out in similar weather. I was curious as if the car went richer after the ported TB and Atap the car tonight and found that my o2s are in the 905-920 range now,that exsplains my low ET and MPH last night. Now im going to throw in a ported MAF and see if i can get my o2s to lean out right.

<small>[ September 01, 2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: StreetStalkerZ ]</small>
Old 09-02-2002, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since ported tb is after maf, relieving any restriction on that side of system should pull more measured air across maf and therefore more fuel.The only way it should go leaner is if maf and pcm cant supply extra fuel that increased airflow needs to maintain A/F ratio. This is how it works on paper but anything is possible in real world run conditions.