Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dmh cut out help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dmh cut out help

need some help guys. i bought a dmh cut out from my buddy, he left the switch in his old car he just sold. do any of you guys have any ideas on how to hook it up with another switch, and what type of switch i would need. any info would be great!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Regular

anybody have any ideas. i have a black wire and a white wire that go to my cut out. i have another black wire that is grounded and a white wire that is hot. any ideas guys?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

Im not real sure but i think you could try hooking it up to a rocker switch, just go to radio shack and get one for a few bucks to test out.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd try and contact DMH and see if you can just buy one. You'll also need the wiring from the cutout to the switch if you don't have it. It's probably a "momentary" switch - spring loaded and reverses power depending on which side you press - like a convertible top switch. Once you plug the swtich harness into the wiring, all you need is a switched source for power, and a good ground. Hope this helps...