Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remove the pcv

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove the pcv

I am think of doing the pcv remove but is there performance gain or is just for looks and is there a link for a diy
Old 04-20-2006, 02:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this at the bottom of the page.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:13 AM
On The Tree

hmm so are we doing this, this weekend?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT REMOVE THE PCV AND INSTALL JUST A BREATHER YOU WILL HAVE SEAL LEAKAGE AFTER TIME!!!!!!! There is a good reason that GM went to a sealed vacuum system, it helps all of the seals in the engine to do there job and hold pressure agenst the surface it is supposed to be sealing. If anything remove the Air Pump and wire it to run when the key is on and it will work as a vacuum pump and help control crankcase vacuum. I understand that the oil in the intake track is not any better than a oil leak but you have to atleast give the engine a chace to work like it was intended to. Just as a refurance look at any race car/engine and they atleast have a EVAC system(a baffled breather in each valve cover with a hose running down to the header collector to use the exhaust to remove crankcase vacuum) there is alot to be said about oil control in an engine it will make the engine have less windage in the crankcase and will alough the engine to run more consistent with no ring fluter and willl help seals maintane pressure ageanst the surfaces.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Teching In

well i have read a lot threads on this subject so i will go threw them again and make my descion, if anyone else whats to say anything be my guest
Old 04-20-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rated-z
well i have read a lot threads on this subject so i will go threw them again and make my descion, if anyone else whats to say anything be my guest
before you remove the entire SYSTEM from the car. ask yourself this one question.

why is this system here, on all automobile engines since the 60s??

when you know the answer to that, you'll be able to make a informed decision about what you should do.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe you want to try this...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....17&postcount=4