Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor problems after off road y-pipe install

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 sensor problems after off road y-pipe install

posted this in the computer and diagnostics, maybe i'll get a better response here. I installed a mac off-road y-pipe on my 99 Z and that night I set an ses light about a misfire and something else. Took it to a friend a couple of days later, and he found that the retards that installed it put the right O2 simm in the front instead of the rear. He fixed it and everything was fine, went to the track that night and got some nice gains, car ran great. Then a few days later the light set again and this time it's giving me two P1133 (HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1) and two P1153 (HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1). What the hell is goin on, will this affect my performance? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Loudmouth LS1 ]</small>
Old 11-09-2002, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: O2 sensor problems after off road y-pipe install

Looks like the O2's aren't working properly. You should have an extra set.. switch them out, see if it makes a difference.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor problems after off road y-pipe install