Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust upgrade?

I have PS Longtube headers and I was thinking about upgrading my exhaust. I am getting a little tired of smelling fumes while sitting in traffic (ORY) so I think I wanna go with a catted y pipe. Would it make more sense to buy 2 cats, a merge, and have mufflex fab me up a y pipe or to get the TSP one? If I did go the mufflex route, would 2.5 inch piping be sufficient? (not a super-powered car at all... only other power mods besides full exhaust is my lid.)

Next question is I have the adjustable Borla catback right now, do you guys think the GMMG catback sounds good enough that it would be worth swapping out while i'm down there? I've heard nothing but amazing things about it and I am getting tired of my exhaust.. I want to hear something new
Old 05-14-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would not touch the catback...waste of money IMO. You already have a catback that costs $600+ and makes great power, and sounds as good if not better!!

You will still get that exhaust smell, even with cats.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

even if I can make up a lot of the money by selling the borla you wouldn't get the GMMG?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:52 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with the TSP catted y and keep the Borla. The cats will make it sound a little better.

I'm not a big fan of the GMMG, so I won't go there.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks guys - anyone elses opinion?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

LOL damn ryan, your sick of smelling the fumes with an ory and catback? I don't even want to imagine what mine is gonna smell like with the TDs dumped before I get them brought out the back. But anyway, I'd sell the ory and get the TSP catted Y if you want to get some cats. Still can't wait until Chris dumps the stock muffler so we can hear our cars together the next time we go to the track.