Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust pipe kinked from clamp

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust pipe kinked from clamp

Here is a pic to make explaining a bit easier.

I have a dynomouth exhaust/tsp rumbler. There is a clamp after the muffler that connects the rear section. Someone in the past tightened the clamp that holds these two pipes too much and the pipe kinked inwards. I had trouble with this section before but was lucky and got it in there perfect w/o any problems. I got it temporarily held together with the clamp that was on there, the standard type of exhaust clamp but it will slip out eventually.

Basically, the pipe on the outside is kinked so I cant slide the inner pipe in far enough to make an effective clamp with the standard type.

Is there any way to join these two pipes together so that it won't come undone? I do not want to weld because I would like to make this part disconnectable in the future.

The pipe isn't kinked enough to hurt airflow but it is bad enough that I can't slide the front pipe through enough.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try using a band clamp, I'm using them on my header/Y pipe joint, and the Y to the catback
Old 05-14-2006, 10:50 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also try a pipe expander. They will rent you one at autozone.

A bandclamp will probably take care of it though.

Quick Reply: Exhaust pipe kinked from clamp