Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fried wires :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fried wires :(

Ok guys, after close inspection I believe that I've fried some wires in my engine bay after a header install.

I believe the wires are for the front o2's. If this is the case, how do I replace the wires? Where can I get them and at what cost?

I noticed the wires melted to the headers about a month ago, peeled them off the headers, moved them out of the way, and went about my business. Could the burnt wires because my car's mysterious backfire problems?

thanks in advance
Old 12-25-2002, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Fried wires :(

ttt i would like to know for the future
Old 12-25-2002, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the reply wrencher. After doing a little troubleshooting w/a friend, we believe the burnt wires are for the "low traction" sensor on the car. We tested our theory by doing a burnout, and the light did not come up on the dash...
Old 12-26-2002, 12:53 AM
wrencher

If it is the o2's wires just replace o2 (don't spice). For the harness you should cut out damaged section, use same gauge (14) wire, solder connections , cover w/heatshrink & tape the harness back up. Zip tie that harness down to keep it away from heat. Make sure the connections are good , due to the low voltages & current the pcm/o2's deal with. Added resistance in wiring will cause problems.