Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is 98 pcv system different?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is 98 pcv system different?

my 98 ls1 didnt come with any of the pcv stuff. I need to get it hooked up to start driving it. The fitting on the drivers side valve cover appears to be broken off. Anyone know where I can find one? Or how much the setup would cost from the dealer?

This shows the 99 setup, is it pretty much the same except for the drivers valve cover attachment?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

I checked with my local dealer about getting the whole pcv set up and it was like $114
Old 05-20-2006, 02:54 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 98 driverside valve cover has a fitting on the back just the right size for a piece of 3/8" fuel line to slip over. From that I have it running into a piece of the old AIR system which was big enough to slip over that Y block in the "stock crossover hose".

I've then got 3/8" fuel line running from the Y to the PCV valve which is laying between the #4 and #5 injectors, then it goes up to the manifold.

My system is butchered a bit due to some of my old *** hoses coming apart, but it works just fine. I'll take some pics and brb.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
My 98 driverside valve cover has a fitting on the back just the right size for a piece of 3/8" fuel line to slip over. From that I have it running into a piece of the old AIR system which was big enough to slip over that Y block in the "stock crossover hose".

I've then got 3/8" fuel line running from the Y to the PCV valve which is laying between the #4 and #5 injectors, then it goes up to the manifold.

My system is butchered a bit due to some of my old *** hoses coming apart, but it works just fine. I'll take some pics and brb.
pics would be great....I found a used 99 system that I might buy and adapt to fit the 98 valve cover
Old 05-21-2006, 01:07 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what the driverside valve cover looks like. The hard plastic part in the valve cover is factory, that's 3/8" fuel line plugged into the top of it. The fuel line runs into a bigger piece of hose that I ripped off of the AIR system because the factory crossover piece took a ****.

Here you can see the large hose attatched to the plastic Y block with the 2 factory plastic lines that run out of it (white zip tie). One side of the Y connects to the driver side valve cover while the other runs down beside the intake manifold toward the PCV valve.

Here I have the plastic line inside a piece of 3/8" fuel line (perfect fit), which is inside another hacked piece of the AIR system. I needed this junction to fit the PCV valve inside of (had to push the hell out of it). After the PCV valve there's another piece of 3/8" fuel line that runs into another plastic tube. This plastic tube runs to another piece of fuel line, which runs to my catch can. If you don't have catch can, it would run into the intake manifold.

Here you can see the fresh air tube, a piece of 3/8" fuel line will connect it easily.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the pics. I wish my drivers side valve cover fitting wasnt snapped off because I would be all set. I may try to thread a 90 degree fitting into it.

Quick Reply: is 98 pcv system different?