Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensors causing hesitation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensors causing hesitation?

Hi, noticed my car was hesitating the other day and today it threw a code. Scanned it and it says its my o2 sensors- low voltage from both bank 1 and 2. When I scanned I saw it was noticably smaller voltage there than from my rear o2 sims, but when scanned later the volts were up again?

Is it just to raise the car and change them?

scans are here:

-D
Attached Thumbnails O2 sensors causing hesitation?-rtgrtgrg.jpg   O2 sensors causing hesitation?-2.jpg   O2 sensors causing hesitation?-3.jpg  
Old 05-22-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, both pre cat sensors are NOT going to go bad at the same time. Too bid of a coincidence. More likely it's something they have in common. Are those values static: 100 mV, 200mV or do they sometimes toggle above and below 450mV? Can you display an O scope waveform of the O2 output to show a few frames of data to see if you getting up to 450mV? Does your scan tool have this ability like AutoTap, EFILive?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had the same promble and never got a code, but I found out that it was a loose plug...
Old 05-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Teching In

The values are not static but toggles up and down (from 0,215volts to 0,8 obviously). I use the freeware version of scanmaster and it can't produce O scope waveforms.
I'm so pissed off because I recently had the car worked at in a shop, and now the first time I drive it it throws a code. Coincidence when it has NEVER threw a code before? Grrrr ;( (work on car was: changing the battery hold down bolt, trying to fit cats from a 02 car which obviously did not fit (reason for toredown of exhaustsystem, but then restoration, only like from headers-down)) I'll look for loose plugs or anything else. Need to replace them anyway so..

-D