Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 v. FAST 78

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 v. FAST 78

As one of my future mods, I plan on ditching the truck intake on my H/C 5.3 for a car based intake, either a LS6 or a FAST 78. It's the same amount of work either way to adapt these manifolds, so the only question is the price difference between the two. Is the FAST 78 worth the price difference? About how much power does would a FAST 78 make over a LS6? I've heard that the FAST 78 can be converted to a 90, is this true? 90mm might be overkill on my 5.3, but better for more cubes later.

My mods are in my sig. The current cam (210/218) will be replaced with something with more duration (like 218/218) before the intake swap.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tdrumm
As one of my future mods, I plan on ditching the truck intake on my H/C 5.3 for a car based intake, either a LS6 or a FAST 78. It's the same amount of work either way to adapt these manifolds, so the only question is the price difference between the two. Is the FAST 78 worth the price difference? About how much power does would a FAST 78 make over a LS6? I've heard that the FAST 78 can be converted to a 90, is this true? 90mm might be overkill on my 5.3, but better for more cubes later.

My mods are in my sig. The current cam (210/218) will be replaced with something with more duration (like 218/218) before the intake swap.

Thanks!
I dont know about the LS6 but you an port out the FAST intake, has guides of where to port out too, of course you would need ported intakes on your heads to match. The FAST intakes can be taken apart into 3 peices to enable easy porting. As I say I dont know about the LS6, perhaps tey can be ported too. I read somewhere that the FAST 78mm intake flows better than LS6, cant find where I read that though. I went along with the info and got a FAST 78mm intake installed, not ported yet, but if I find heads to match the ported FAST then I'll probably get heads and cam as my next mod.