Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 TB question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 TB question

I bought a FAST intake and a LS2 TB to install on my H/C C5. I can't affort to get them ported right now, so I had planned on doing some porting to the TB and installing.
Now I am hearing guys say that the LS2 TB is a little "lazy" at part throttle. I have an auto with stall and gears, but it has GREAT part throttle response now (almost like stock until you nail it) which makes it a ball to drive around town. I don't want to adversly affect that in any way. Should I rethink the LS2 or do some porting on it and take a chance.
It seems odd that Chevy is using them on the new C6s if there is a "drivability' Issue.
What is the feedback of those who have installed them?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:31 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shine it up.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Main reason why it may seem "lazy" is your crackin open a 90mm blade on a 346-364ci engine. This is a lot of TB area for that size engine thats build mildly. Porting it on that size(s) of engine that isnt warmed up a good bit may make it worse.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo White
Main reason why it may seem "lazy" is your crackin open a 90mm blade on a 346-364ci engine. This is a lot of TB area for that size engine thats build mildly. Porting it on that size(s) of engine that isnt warmed up a good bit may make it worse.
If the engine size is a factor, then why did GM put them on the 6.0 C6?

I have no plans to "hog out" a lot of metal to increase the flow, just to try to help the air flow be a little less turbulant,and as a result, maybe help the "off idle issues". The reason I considered cleaning it up in the first place was in response to the post a few days back of the guy that installed the FAST and LS2 and complained of it taking a lot more throttle from idle. Tony Mamo replied that his issue was the stock LS2 being in bad need of porting to improve off idle flow. I'm just trying to get enough info. to make sure I don't make a mistake and install somthing that hurts my driability for a few hp on top.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

I never have felt the throttle response was something to jump up and down about on the 6.0. There is some material in the housing that needs address and will probably pay off but was just lettin ya know its not the gain that people see when they port a 75mm TB. A 364ci engine(6.0) is the smallest engine that I would see puttin a 90mm TB on that is mildly built and GM feels the same way.