Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 question and I'll leave---y-pipe

Old 05-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 question and I'll leave---y-pipe

Does the 98 camaro z28 come with a y-pipe? A friend of mine has one with slp exhaust and he recently did me a favor so I'd like to get him a little something. I drive a pontiac gto so I dont know anything about camaros.

I was thinking about the slp y-pipe. Would it be worth it to get this for him? Thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

none of the f-bodies ever came with true duals from the factory, meaning they all have Y pipes stock. any car without a y pipe has been modded by its driver.

the slp y pipe is a piece of **** - useless. tell him to get a set of headers/y pipe and you'll buy him the y pipe for that. i recommend pacesetters. cheap and good quality.

or be even nicer and help him INSTALL the headers. that'll save him 400-500 dollars right off the bat since he won't have to pay an installer. header installs are expensive
Old 05-28-2006, 11:48 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would not be worth it. Tell us what kinda cheese you're planning on spending, what kinda mods he already has, and we can help you pick out something nice.

Search this Thread