Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor

I burned my passanger side o2 that goes into my longtube.Can I use one that I deleted when I put the longtubes and duals on.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:15 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can splice the wires back together with some butt splices if possible. The old O2 sensors will *probably* work, but I'm not sure.

If you end up getting some new ones, I highly recommend picking up a set of Bosch 13111's.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
You can splice the wires back together with some butt splices if possible. The old O2 sensors will *probably* work, but I'm not sure.

If you end up getting some new ones, I highly recommend picking up a set of Bosch 13111's.
So the rear ones I deleted awhile back won't work?
Old 05-29-2006, 01:15 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They may or may not. Depends on how they have been kept or if they have been in contact with oxygenated air for too long.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

they also have a different heating element in them, i did the same thing with my O2 sensor and i spliced the plug from the deleted rear 02s that i had lying around and it worked. just make sure your splicing the correct wires together, there are two brown and those cant be mixed up. And also since you burnt through your 02 it threw a code right??? check the fuses under the hood, its the 20 amp one in the fuse box closest to the front of the car, my fuse blew and even with new sensors ran like crap until i replaced that fuse and now she runs great and even got better gas mileage with my new Bosch 02 sensors.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
they also have a different heating element in them, i did the same thing with my O2 sensor and i spliced the plug from the deleted rear 02s that i had lying around and it worked. just make sure your splicing the correct wires together, there are two brown and those cant be mixed up. And also since you burnt through your 02 it threw a code right??? check the fuses under the hood, its the 20 amp one in the fuse box closest to the front of the car, my fuse blew and even with new sensors ran like crap until i replaced that fuse and now she runs great and even got better gas mileage with my new Bosch 02 sensors.
Yeah it threw a code and then the car started running like a pig.thanks guys for the advice