Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent skip

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intermittent skip

My car has an intermittent skip that is driving me nuts. I am wondering if it could be related to my coil packs vibrating; here is my reasoning. I did as many others and did not put all of the bolts back into the coil pack brackets. I did the front ones and left the back two (See PITA ones.). Could the vibration be causing a misfire? HP Tuners only lists it as a misfire, no particular code that I found. What gives? It does it with both the N/A program and the N2O tune. I also wondered if it might possibly be where I have crimped off the EGR tube. I need to weld up the header tube there as it has developed an exhaust leak. Is there any reason it would be picking that up as a misfire? One last question for you good folks - is there any validity to having to disconnect the battery before welding on the EGR tube. I am sure this was NOT done when my exhaust was done but have heard a few mention it before regarding causing PCM issues. Is this true or just an old wives tale? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jim C.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

What a load of ****!!! From what I am reading here this could be caused from the vibration of my driveshaft as well. Well I guess I will have to start elimating things one by one. It also says that it could be caused by failing the EGR/AIR tests. I thought all of that was turned off when I paid for my tunes. I guess I will have to find out how and where to check it at. Any pointers? Thanks.

Jim C.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Double check your plugs and wires, especially the number 8 wire.