Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retarded Catch Can Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retarded Catch Can Question

Yeah I know this is gonna sound stupid but I gotta ask... Those of you with catch cans usually put them on the pass side right? But what do you do with the drivers side... Or maybe I'm thinking about the part that connects to the intake totally wrong... is there a hose that connects to the same point under the TB on the drivers side like the pass side or does a hose run behind the intake to the pass side and just goes in the one side under the TB.. I may just be retarded and not understanding whats in the other posts...
Old 05-31-2006, 10:39 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It only plugs into the intake manifold in one spot.

There's a Y junction behind the manifold that connect the passenger and driver sides together, then a SINGLE line runs beside the 2 4 6 8 injectors, into the PCV valve, and into the manifold.

The tube going from the front of the passenger side valve cover to the throttle body is called "the fresh air tube". It's at a higher pressure than the port where the PCV hose plugs into the manifold, so air is being forced into the crank case to *purge* the combustion gasses that leaked past the rings.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
It only plugs into the intake manifold in one spot.

There's a Y junction behind the manifold that connect the passenger and driver sides together, then a SINGLE line runs beside the 2 4 6 8 injectors, into the PCV valve, and into the manifold.

The tube going from the front of the passenger side valve cover to the throttle body is called "the fresh air tube". It's at a higher pressure than the port where the PCV hose plugs into the manifold, so air is being forced into the crank case to *purge* the combustion gasses that leaked past the rings.
Oh Ok.. I had remembered reading somewhere about the PCV Routing with a diagram then saw the hose on the other side and was like WTF.. Thanks for the reply